To move your course from the Blackboard Archives server to the new Blackboard server, please follow the steps below.
Prepare your Gold course.
Don't have a gold course? Email email@example.com to request a copy of your current courses for modifying/copying.
- Turn off grading in all discussion forums.
- Discussion Board > Modify Forum > Forum Settings > No grading in forum > Submit
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your course to be copied to the the new Blackboard server (http://bb.uis.edu).
- Let us know the course(s) you wish to have copied.
- Let us know if you wish for announcements to be copied.
- All content areas, discussion boards, and tests/surveys/pools will be copied by default.
- The Gradebook will NOT copy to Blackboard 9.
Consider implementing some of the new features of Blackboard 9.
- Consider the Module/Unit format that fits your course organization. Placing all course content in a single location makes it easy for your students to navigate and find all the course information.
- New tools: Home Page, Blogs, Journals, Group Assignments
- No Digital Dropbox.
- Assignment manager assignments and Turnitin Assignments will NOT copy to Blackboard 9.
- Tests and Surveys will need to be redeployed to content areas. The tests, surveys, and pools themselves copy; they simply need to be redeployed.